Vultr, high performance, SSD storage, 16 locations

Witness Time Idea

Discussion in 'The Ship' started by Lowkae, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Lowkae

Lowkae New Member

Hey there, big time fan and long time player of The Ship with an idea.

Right now the "Witness Time" on your servers is set to one second, meaning you get sent to jail one second after been seen by two people at once with a weapon out. This is pretty frustrating at times as it's very easy to go to jail unless you're completely hidden. You have to focus a lot on stealth rather than trying some of the crazy things that happen in The Ship. I'm not sure if you intentionally want it this way or not.

Perhaps the time could be set to the 3-5 second range. Right now a game on Raficu Maru when the server is crowded is almost impossible, as that map is very open and you get seen easily. A higher timer would also help the maps hold more people without becoming overcrowded, as you can attack people when it's more crowded more easily.

2. Kotsende Kat

Kotsende Kat Blop blop blop die Führung

Minecraft:
    Resdayn
    Hi Lowkae! Thanks for your input, we appreciate this. :smile:
    I agree with you that it gets hard to kill your quarry on open maps when the server is crowded. That's why we are doing an experiment where we move all the small maps to the small server (Pakjesboot 13) and the big maps to the big server (Pakjesboot 12).

About the timer, I have found a sneaky way to kill your quarry and not get caught. Just hit your quarry once and hide your weapon. Then take it out and hide it again. If you do this "slap n run" thing within a second, you won't get caught.

When we start this experiment (next Monday) will you please give us feedback on how this works out, and if it solves the problem for you?

3. Refalm

Refalm rafalm is idot die Führung

Minecraft:
    Refalm
    I'm not sure if I can change the witness timer, I'll check it out this evening.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Sony Xperia SP met Tapatalk

4. Lowkae

Lowkae New Member

I use the "slap n run" trick a lot when I have to. The problem then is your quarry will usually try to defend themselves, but not realize the timer is so low, and get thrown in jail. And if there's three or more people watching you, the timer speeds up more so it's impossible to get a hit and put your weapon away without getting arrested.

I play The Ship a lot for some reason so I'll certainly test out the new settings. A lot of the remaining servers don't really have ideal settings for whatever reason, so it's good to see someone still actively cares.

5. Refalm

Refalm rafalm is idot die Führung

Minecraft:
    Refalm
    Found this:
    Code:
    // Witnessing
    // ***********

// The minimum number of witnesses for a player to be arrested
    ship_witnesses "2"

// Time in seconds before player is arrested while being witnessed (by number of witnesses above)
    ship_witness_time_limit "1"
    I'm changing
    Code:
    ship_witness_time_limit
    to
    Code:

J0ttem also thought that was a cool idea.

Thanks for bringing this up Lowkae. I always thought the witness timers were a bit low too in the back of my mind, but I never thought about changing it.

6. Kotsende Kat

Kotsende Kat Blop blop blop die Führung

Minecraft:
    Resdayn
    Alright, we'll see if this improves the gameplay. :bongo: